This is brilliant recipe I came across on fellow-blogger site, called Pinch Purrfect. I cooked it the same night I saw it and since then it got a firm place into my go-to recipes collection. It’s really easy to cook, super tender and gingery. Definitely don’t skip the marinating stage. Even if it’s only for a half an hour (but I found the longer the better), it makes all the difference.
Original recipe doesn’t ask for any additional vegetables apart from ones stated on the list, but I found that addition of green pepper or spinach is a welcome extra.
HUNAN BEEF STIR-FRY
(Original recipe came from here)
1 pack of 4 Beef sizzler steaks or other steak, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, sliced on strips
handful of spinach (optional)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2-3 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons rice cooking wine (or I used white wine vinegar)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon Sriracha
1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, stir together rice wine, soy sauce, corn starch, salt and pepper until everything is well mixed. Add the sliced beef to the marinade, mix well. Se aside to marinate for at least a half an hour, or even longer.
- In a small bowl mix together ginger, garlic, Sriracha, and cumin, set aside.
- In a wok, add oil and heat over medium-high heat for a few minutes until hot. Add marinated beef strips and fry in the oil for a few minutes until browned, constantly stirring. After a few minutes add the green pepper and /or spinach. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Then add in prepared sauce and cook for a few more minutes until well mixed.
- Take of the heat and serve immediately, garnish with sliced spring onion.