It’s very straight forward here. I was desperate for something sweet with my tea, but didn’t want to spend too much time making it. I had a banana to use up, with cravings for chocolate and some crunch. These muffins ticked all the boxes.
CHOCOLATE MUFFINS WITH PEANUT BUTTER CENTER
(Original recipe is from My Happy Food)
1 large banana
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
approx 70 g peanut butter (I used crunchy one)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Beat the butter with sugar, add the eggs one by one. Then add mashed banana.
- In a separate bowl/jug mix together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and pinch of salt. Add the mixture to the wet ingredients and mix it until smooth.
- Line the muffin tray with the muffin cases. Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate mix in each muffin case, then put a teaspoon of peanut butter, finishing with another tablespoon of chocolate mix.
- Bake it for about 25 – 30 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.