Friends of ours introduced us to these delicious little nuggets last week-end. Mark made them as soon as we came back home. If you like peanut butter, you going to love these biscuits,- they are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside with just a perfect hint of peanut butter and a cracked, sugary and crunchy top. They are my latest addiction 🙂
CHOCOLATE & PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
(Original recipe comes from Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home)
(Special thanks to Beth)
Makes about 25 cookies
170 grams plain flour or all purpose flour
40 grams cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
pinch of salt
115 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
120 grams peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, whichever you prefer)
100 grams caster sugar plus 40 grams extra for rolling
80 grams light brown sugar
1 large egg at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 170C. Line two to three baking sheets with parchment.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt and bicarb soda together in a bowl. Mix thoroughly to distribute all the ingredients.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, both the sugars and the peanut butter until light, pale and fluffy about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as when needed.
5. Add the dry ingredients until mixed and a dough is formed.
6. Put the extra 40 grams caster sugar in a small bowl. Roll the dough into 4-5 cm balls. Roll each ball in the caster sugar and place on the baking sheet, keeping them about 4 cm apart.
7. Bake for about 10 to 15 mins or until the cookies have a crusty surface and have developed cracks.
8. Place the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the sheet and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely.