It’s exactly a year ago since I wrote my first blog post. Happy 1st Birthday, Blog ! 🙂
I’ve really enjoyed my first year of blogging…
Just wonder why it took me so long to start it the first place 🙂
I would like to say thank you to everyone who follows this blog and takes the time to read what I have to share. Here’s to another year & happy eating!
Let’s go straight to celebration with…
CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY MINI CAKES
200 g sugar
100 g plain flour
80 g cocoa powder
185 g butter, melted
1 punnet raspberries (about 250 g)
For the chocolate sauce:
100 g dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
50 ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, and butter liberally 8-10 mini moulds/mini pie tins.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar with the mixer until light and creamy (aprox 3 minutes), then add in the flour and cocoa powder, continue to beat until well incorporated. Pour in the melted butter and beat for a further few minutes until it looks like smooth, dark, rich batter.
3. Spoon 1 large tablespoon batter into each of the prepared moulds, then place 2-3 raspberries in the middle of each mould and top with a further tablespoon of cake batter.
4. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until a skewer comes out dry. Allow to cool before removing from the moulds.
5. Meanwhile prepare the chocolate sauce. Gradually heat the chocolate and double cream over a low heat stirring constantly.
6. Remove the cakes from the moulds, drizzle over with a hot chocolate sauce and decorate with remaining raspberries.